Do you value your true friendships and realise how special and wonderful they are? Here’s why it’s so important to nurture them…
‘Friends’ come and go throughout our lives but ‘True Friends’ will last a lifetime! These friendships are special which we need to cherish and adore.
My two dearest friends are currently on the other side of the world, but that doesn’t matter because they’re only a phone call away and I know they are there for me in my hour of need! They have done more for me then I could ever ask because they are ‘True Friends’ and I’m so lucky to have them in my life. I can honestly say without them I would feel like a part of me is missing.
Their strength, determination, and smarts are just a few of the many things I admire about them both and even though they have families and work crazy hours there’s still always time for our friendship!
When I come to town there’s always a bed for me to lay my head (even if that means one of the munchkins gets booted out of their bed)…. I love them to pieces and can’t believe how lucky I am to have them in my life! They are amazing and I love them for so many reasons.
This is What True Friendships look like:
- I can be myself around them
- We laugh a lot
- Enjoy shopping and hanging out together
- We respect, support and love one another
- There’s no competition between
- They are genuine and humble and I love that
- They don’t get mad if I rock up at their place after one too many drinks and jimmer jammer on like a monkey! (I think they find me funny?!? LOL)
- Trust is something that is given, it’s not broken under any circumstances
- I can tell them anything without judgment coming my way
- They stay up with me at night listening to me as I cry my eye out to them
- They take my calls after a 16+ hour work day and genuinely care and listen
- They multitask their butts off so they can listen whilst dealing with all the family stuff happening in the background at the same time
- There’s always a bed for me to lay my head
- They pick me up, drive me around and help out in any way they can (even when they are sick!)
- They will kick my butt into gear when needed (thank the Prada Gods my taxes got done ha ha ha!)
- Advise is always sound (they are very smart both with emotional and IQ intelligence)
- I never get the ‘you don’t have kids what would you know’ card thrown in my face
- They never judge or begrudge my globetrotting life, they are genuinely happy for me
- They accept I have food allergies when we go out to eat (not everyone does!)
- They understand I speak Prada and Thank the Prada Gods (sorry everyone that’s an inside joke! Ha ha ha)
- They understand I’m not perfect, I’m a little crazy (in a good way) and find it a quality in me
- We just have this unspoken bond, we know what we mean to each other
- I never have to question their loyalty, ever!
At times I wonder why they’re friends with me and how I can repay them for all their love and support? I feel they do more for me than I do for them! Do they know just how much I value, love, respect and admire them? I’m sure in some way they know because they’re awesome on so many levels…
So what does the ‘Big 3’ Stress Solutions Puzzle look like when it comes to What Does a Real Friend look like? This is True Friendship!
I’ve put my two best friends through the paces this year, not intentionally but because I’ve needed to lean on them for strength due to a huge amount of emotional stress. They’ve helped me keep my sanity in a world of chaotic mess, without them I would have been lost and potentially gone slightly insane!
My motto for positive change is ‘Little Puzzle Pieces Create a Big Picture’… When you find true friendships hold on to them and nurture them, they are rare and hard to find, just like love. Having people you care about, who care about you makes all the difference.
So when you find these special angles who shine bright like the biggest stars in the sky, hold on to them and let them know you care and how much you value, love, respect and admire them.
Until next time be thoughtful, be mindful, be present. This is Character 32 doing her best to help you!