Hello and welcome back if you are already following me. To those of you who are reading me for the first time thank you for visiting my blog.
It’s a new year therefore it’s a fresh start. Its’ time to put the past is behind us and focus on our future.
I wanted to recap on the ‘Big 3’ Stress Solutions blog to refresh our memories. This is a gentle reminder of how stress works, what can affect us and things to look for.
The ‘Big 3’ stresses I’m talking about are the Emotional, Physical and Environmental ones, which can run amuck if left unattended and can lead us down a dark path.
Fear not my blog is designed to empower you and help. Let’s say no to these ‘Big 3’ stressors! Note: at the end of this posts there are links to the full blogs on each of these ‘Big 3’ stressors.
The ‘Big 3’ Stressors Are What Causes Stress. Here are a few signs and symptoms.
What Physical Stresses can look like
- Over exercising or not exercising at all
- Physical demanding labouring job causing stress on joints/back
- Fad diet harming your body
- Flying on a plane
- Lack of or poor quality sleep/shift work
- Being overweight or malnutrition
- Having leaky gut syndrome or food allergies
Physical stress comes in many different forms when we put our bodies under pressure through things like repetitive strain, not eating properly, deal with allergies and/or parasites to name a few. It’s like having a car and not looking after it, letting the oil get old, using the wrong petrol and not putting enough air in the tires. Eventually the car will stop running, the same principle applies to our bodies.
What Environmental Stress (a form of ‘chemical stress’) can look like
- The air quality we breath
- Food quality we consume
- Water quality we drink/shower in filled with chemicals
- Swimming in a chlorine pool
- Working with toxic chemicals
- Cleaning our house with chemicals
- Beauty products filled with chemicals
Environment Stress can also be a form of Chemical Stress. If we breathe in harmful pollutants, ingest or apply chemicals through many different forms, our bodies become under Environmental Stress. Example, you breathe in hazy/smog/air pollution and your body gets sick trying to fight off the infection. Your Environment Stress also turned into a Physical Stress.
What Emotional Stress can look like
- Negative thinking/ living in the past
- Your boss, co-workers who upset you
- Financial stress with bills or mortgage
- A relationship breakup/ losing a loved one
- Being in an abusive relationship/ household
- Anxiety or depression taking control of your mental health
What is or what causes us emotional stress? It’s a thought, feeling or situation that causes you to be upset or annoyed.
What warning signs and symptoms of stress can look like
- Upset stomach, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, bloating and nausea
- Coughing (persistent coughing or coughing up phlegm, blood)
- Skin break outs/conditions (pimples, hives, rashes, eczema etc.)
- Thyroid issues (Hyper, Hypo, Hashimoto’s, Graves, Goiter)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Neurological disorders
- Infertility/ Miscarriages/ Irregular Periods
When the body can’t endure prolonged stress therefore it begins to react. This is when the signs and symptoms start to appear. If we ignore our bodies things will only get worse.
So what does the ‘Big 3’ Stress Solutions Puzzle look like when it comes to The ‘Big 3’ Stressors Are What Causes Stress?
My motto for positive change is ‘Little Puzzle Pieces Create a Big Picture’… Through small positive changes, we can lay the foundations to help reduce stress.
Last year we looked at a few examples of Emotional and Physical stress which can impact your health and overall mental well-being. If you have missed some of my previous blogs on these, here are a few.
What Emotional and Physical Stress can look like
ways to help you reduce stress
I have so much I want to blog about but I can’t do it all in one go. So please bear with me I’m doing the best I can to help and ‘pay it forward’ in my own way.
The aim of the game is to kick the ‘Big 3’ stressors to the curb and show them you are the boss! This will enable us to lead a more fulfilling, happier, healthier and positive life.
Until next time be thoughtful, be mindful, be present. This is Character 32 doing her best to help you!