Hello and welcome I’m Character 32 and this is my blog on the 'Big 3’ Stress Solutions Puzzle.
Would you believe me if I told you stress can cause diseases and illnesses when we ignore the early warning signs and symptoms? It’s a bold statement I know but it’s the truth!
I discovered ‘stress’ is a daily constant factor in our lives making us sick while struggling with my own personal health issues. Doctors and specialists offered no answers so I decided to take matters into my own hands. Through my research I started to break down and analyse ‘The Big 3’ stresses in more detail. This allowed me to understand how Emotional, Physical and Environmental stress can cause reactions which affect the body and mind.
Not all stresses are equal nor are the symptoms and signs. It’s important to remember our bodies are all different and react to different things. Therefore, what affects me vs what affects you will be different as we are not all equally attuned.
I refer to the signs and symptoms as ‘trigger factors’ when going through the 'Big 3’ Stress Solutions Puzzle because there is always a stress in play causing a symptom which is what we are trying to determine.
Here’s a list I have complied to break down some signs and symptoms of what stress can look like.
What are signs and symptoms of stress and how does it affect us?
What are some physical signs and symptoms you can see on your body?
- Finger / Toe nail infections
- Hair loss
- Shingles / Herpes outbreaks
- Uncontrollable shaking
- Tooth decay / Gum disease
- Colour of your tongue
- Colour of your eyes (the white part e.g. yellow can indicate jaundice)
- Skin break outs / Conditions (Pimples, Hives, Rashes, Eczema etc.)
- Water retention / Fluid build up
What are some signs and symptoms you may be feeling?
- Headaches and Migraines
- Muscular aches and pain
- Feeling cold / Hot / Constant sweating / Clammy hands
- Lack of libido / Disinterested in intimacy
- Memory loss / Brain fog / Losing track of thoughts
- Poor judgment / Can’t focus
- Irrational thinking or Acting out
- Fluctuating emotions (Irritability, Hormonal imbalances, Aggression)
- Dizzy or lightheaded
Some examples of signs and symptoms our bodies are under physical stress include but not limited to:
- Upset stomach, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Constipation, Bloating and Nausea
- Constant indigestion / Heartburn / Reflux
- Sore throat or frequent colds/flu
- Difficulty swallowing
- Ear noises, sounds of ‘popping’ or ‘ringing’
- Teeth grinding or Jaw clenching
- Tonsillitis and Adenoid flair ups
- Changes in apatite and eating patterns through increased or decreased eating
- Eating disorders (Binge eating and Anorexia)
- Coughing (Persistent coughing or Coughing up phlegm, Blood)
Signs and Symptoms our bodies are under stress can lead to Autoimmune Diseases including but not limited to:
- Epstein Barr Virus
- Thyroid issues (Hyper, Hypo, Hashimoto’s, Graves, Goiter)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Diseases and other warning signs include but are not limited to:
- Neurological disorders
- Heart Attack
- Blood pressure irregularities
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Cholesterol irregularities
- Infertility / Miscarriages / Irregular Periods
- Asthma or breathing issue
There are so many different signs, symptoms and diseases when it comes to stress I can’t possibly list them all as this blog post would be never ending! However, my unique broad approach in stress management is designed to help you understand, breakdown, assess and address stress through the 'Big 3’ Stress Solutions Puzzle.
Each week through my blog I want to empower you with knowledge, which I hope helps you understand what stress ‘trigger factors’ might be in play. Which might then lead you to ask why am I doing this blog? What are my motives?
I’m doing my 'Big 3' Stress Solutions Puzzle Blog because I feel it’s our right to know what is going on with our bodies so we can address the cause. I’m sick and tired of hearing some doctors telling me or people I know to ‘Take this pill!’ because that only masks the underlying problem instead of addressing the issues!
I believe life is about balance and harmony and paying it forward creates positive vibes around us all. If I can help you, and you can help someone else then together we have achieved great things. So let’s get started and start to heal ourselves so we can live our best life!
Until next time be thoughtful, be mindful, be present. This is Character 32 doing her best to help you!