Hi and welcome I’m Character 32, and I wanted to share some of my insight concerning stress with you.
When we think of ‘Stress’ we can automatically assume it revolves around ‘Emotional Stress’ not realising there are two other stresses that might be in play. I’ll address ‘Environmental Stress’ in my next blog because today we are breaking down the ‘Physical Stress’ factors.
What is physical stress and how does it affect us?
Physical Stress rears its ugly head when we make direct or indirect decisions that can harm us. At other times these stresses have a way of creeping into our lives without us even knowing. For example, the physical activities we do for our job or due to the environment we live in can cause us some form of ‘Physical Stress’.
Below is a breakdown of Physical Stressors which have the ability to impact the body making it react to stress when it’s under pressure.
forms of internal PHYSICAL stress we might be unaware of...
- Unrecognised food allergies (constantly causing internal stress on our bodies organs and cells)
- Leaky gut syndrome (leads to hormone imbalances, autoimmune, thyroid and many other issues)
- Organ fatigue/failure (lungs, kidneys, thyroid, heart etc)
types of physical stress we cause on ourselves through choices...
- Smoking, drinking and drugs
- Over exercising
- Not exercising
- Lack of nutrition
- Fad diets causing harm to your body
- Skipping meals constantly
daily physical stresses we can face...
- Having a physical labour demanding job (stress on joints, neck or back)
- Office work - sitting behind a desk all day (stress on joints, neck or back)
- Lack of or poor quality sleep
- Shift work
- Being overweight
- Mattress and pillows lacking correct support
- Ill-fitting clothing restricting circulation
- High heel shoes
- Sneakers lacking correct support
Physical stress comes in many different forms when we put our bodies under pressure through things like repetitive strain, not eating properly, deal with allergies and/or parasites to name a few. It’s like having a car and not looking after it, letting the oil get old, using the wrong petrol and not putting enough air in the tires. Eventually, the car will stop running, the same principle applies to our bodies.
Our bodies are not designed to endure prolonged stress for extended periods of time. They will eventually breakdown causing us sickness, pain, fatigue etc.
We can significantly reduce or eliminate these ‘Physical Stresses’ by being mindful of our actions and learning what our ‘trigger factors’ might be. It’s all about understanding and identifying our 'stress' problems so we can work on the solutions, that's why I call it the 'Big 3' Stress Solutions Puzzle.
The great news is, if you are suffering from one or more of these stresses, the chances are that it can be reversed! Together we can achieve great things it’s just a matter of knowledge, action and time.
We are going to work through this step by step and learn how to make positive changes in our lives.
Until next time be thoughtful, be mindful, be present. This is Character 32 doing her best to help you!